New office's address :
9 avenue Mac Mahon, 75017 Paris - Métro Etoile
Breast reduction (mammoplasty)
The surgeon reduced the volume of the mammary gland, he gives breasts an harmonious shape and adjusts the amount of skin to reshaped breasts.
- The procedure takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
- General anaesthesia.
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis (the patient leaves the same day) or hospitalisation overnight.
- It is not very painful.
- Dressings stay on for 10 to 15 days
- It is recommended to rest for 2 days afterwards.
- No sport for 3 weeks
- Wearing a sports bra is recommended for 3 weeks.
- Social security for French residents covers the procedure if the reduction is over 300 grams per breast.
- The number and length of the scars depend on the quantity of excess skin.
- The quality of the scars mainly depends on how well each scar heals.
The objective of the surgeon is to minimise the length of the scars, but not to the detriment of the breast shape. It is better to have longer, inconspicuous scars, than wide scars around the areolas with an unsightly breast shape.
These are mainly linked to scarring.
Exacerbated by smoking.
- Necrosis in part of the areola.
- Necrosis in part of the gland.
- Dehiscence (rupture) of the scar or infection around stitches.
These can include unsightly, hypertrophic or keloid scars (see image above). In the case of keloid scars (image 4), there are techniques for improving scars.